- Contacts and locations
- Engagement and consultation
- Policies and guidelines
- Publications and resources
Access and inclusion plans
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 to 2018
- Our vision - Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
- Disability access and inclusion context
- South Australians living with disability
- Departmental profile - staff with disability
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan outcomes
- Outcome 1: inclusive and accessible communities
- Outcome 2: economic security and employment
- Outcome 3: rights protection, justice and legislation
- Outcome 4: personal and community support
- Outcome 5: learning and skills
- Outcome 6: health and wellbeing
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan development and implementation
- ASSIST Therapy Services
- Child and Youth Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Moving On Program
- Office of the Senior Practitioner
ASSIST Therapy Services nutrition and dietetics
ASSIST Therapy Services dietitians can help if you:
- have trouble eating and drinking enough to maintain your weight and health
- have weight gain that affects your mobility, your use of equipment, your general health and your daily life
- experience bowel problems such as constipation or diarrhoea
- need a special diet plan for coeliac disease, food allergies or food intolerance
- receive your nutrition and hydration through a tube (enteral nutrition).
Good nutrition is essential to wellbeing. Problems with eating and drinking, or with shopping for and preparing food can affect your nutrition, your enjoyment of food and your quality of life
We work with you, your family and your supports to develop your resources, skills and knowledge to help solve nutrition and dietary problems, and meet your dietary and lifestyle goals.
We assess, prescribe and monitor enteral nutrition for people with a PEG feeding tube. Our support includes working with families and carers. We will help you with issues that can occur with enteral nutrition such as reflux, unintended weight change, aspiration and bowel problems.
We will help you minimise the effect that having an enteral feeding tube has on your daily life.
ASSIST Therapy Services dietitians and speech pathologists train support staff to provide safe and healthy mealtime; training includes:
- understanding the healthy eating guidelines
- meal planning, shopping and label reading
- simple strategies to use when a person is underweight, overweight or constipated.
Licence to Cook
Licence to Cook is a mealtime management resource for professionals and carers who support adults with disability.
Mealtimes can be a safe and more pleasant experience for everyone by using this resource. Licence to Cook contains recipes, a DVD on food safety and a CD containing PowerPoint™ presentations and other resources.
Contact ASSIST Therapy Services
Phone 1300 745 477 or +61 8 8266 5260
Contact Disability Information Service
Phone 1300 786 117 (9.00 am to 5.00 pm)