- Contacts and locations
- Engagement and consultation
- Policies and guidelines
- Publications and resources
Access and inclusion plans
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 to 2018
- Our vision - Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
- Disability access and inclusion context
- South Australians living with disability
- Departmental profile - staff with disability
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan outcomes
- Outcome 1: inclusive and accessible communities
- Outcome 2: economic security and employment
- Outcome 3: rights protection, justice and legislation
- Outcome 4: personal and community support
- Outcome 5: learning and skills
- Outcome 6: health and wellbeing
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan development and implementation
- Child and Youth Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Moving On Program
- ASSIST Therapy Services
Consult the group
Consulting the Group
Organisations such as:
- state and local government departments
- non-government organisations
- statutory authorities
can ask to consult the group. Private businesses may consult the group in some cases.
Before making contact with Disability SA, organisations that want to undertake consultation using the group should try to identify:
- a clear purpose for their consultation/engagement
- timelines (start, duration, completion, and travel time that may be needed)
- the type of engagement activity
- member group(s) to be targeted.
Disability SA does not evaluate the level or type of expertise offered by the members, but is able to identify members by:
- geographical region
- area of declared interest.
This identification will help identify appropriate participants for the consultation.
Disability SA keeps personal information strictly confidential, and operates as an intermediary between the requesting organisation seeking to consult and group members.
Cost of consulting the group
Consulting the Disability Engagement Group is free. However, all and any costs incurred as part of the consultations or engagements are the responsibility of the requesting organisation. These costs may include:
- administration costs
- venue hire, sound and video equipment hire, and catering
- use of interpreters
- transport assistance
- insurance cover.
Phone: 1300 786 117 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday
Fax: +61 8 8415 4233
Mail: PO Box 70, Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5000