- Disability SA
- Disability Services
- Domiciliary Equipment Service
- Interpreting and Translating Centre
- NDIS Reform
- Office for Carers
- Office for Problem Gambling
- Office for Volunteers
- Office for Women
- Office for Youth
- State Recovery
- Youth Justice
We Care Plan
Carers' needs are as complex and diverse as their caring situations. Circumstances such as the kinds of care provided, availability of support, geographical location, health and wellbeing significantly affect the lives of unpaid carers.
In 2014, the State Government launched its strategic plan for carers in South Australian communities.
- support for carers in government agencies
- social, emotional and physical needs of carers
- increasing the choices available for carers
- specific needs of Aboriginal, young or multicultural carers
- ways to assist people transitioning from a caring role.
The plan is unique because it focuses on the needs of carers in their own right, rather than the person receiving care.
We Care applies to South Australian government and government-funded organisations, as required under the Act.