Code Blue activated
DCSI has again activated its Code Blue emergency winter response for people sleeping rough in South Australia.
Housing SA, together with its non-government partners, is making additional accommodation available for extended hours, due to the current forecast for very cold temperatures overnight.
For people sleeping rough in the Adelaide metropolitan area, Hutt St Centre (258 Hutt St) will be open overnight on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- 5 pm Thursday 29 June – 7 am Saturday 1 July
- 5 pm Saturday 1 July – 7 am Sunday 2 July
Local homelessness services in regional areas are providing outreach services and connecting people sleeping rough to emergency accommodation and other supports.
- Port Augusta - Lakeview Accommodation Centre and Mobile Assistance Patrol
- Port Pirie - Housing SA
- Whyalla - Centacare
- Ceduna - Wangka Willurrara Transitional Aboriginal Accommodation Centre and the Mobile Assistance Program
- Coober Pedy - Coober Pedy Homelessness and Support Service
- Port Lincoln - West Coast Youth and Community Services
- Mount Gambier - ac.care (Anglican Community Care)
- Riverland - Life Without Barriers
People who are people sleeping rough, or people supporting them, should phone the 24/7 South Australian Homelessness Gateway on 1800 003 308.