Contact us: +61 8 8226 8800
- Our Ministers
- Strategic Plan
- Departmental legislative framework
- Freedom of information, open government and privacy
- Policies and plans
- Social Inclusion
- Social Media
Start of main content.
Increasing inclusion, independence and shared decisionmaking for all
Our partnerships through policy, programs and services strengthen communities and enable South Australians to actively participate in community life.
- Positive social impact underpins all that we do.
- Our work is developed in partnership with communities, lived experience and sector knowledge.
- We drive evidence-based policy and thought leadership on inclusion that makes a difference for our communities.
- We drive and encourage research and development, innovation, and the trialling of new approaches in the human services sector.
Priority deliverables 2021-22
- Provide leadership and community assistance in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Deliver the Social Impact Framework.
- Implement the Women’s Leadership and Economic Security Strategy.
- Develop the safeguarding smartphone app.
- Deliver the strategic proposal for the future of Highgate Park and HFI trust for consideration of the Trustee.
- Deliver an integrated ‘inclusion’ agenda through strategic alignment of all DHS social policy initiatives, strategies and plans.
- Advance a step-change in Aboriginal practice and programs in partnership with Aboriginal Communities.
- Ensure DHS funding programs support a coherent service system and demonstrate measurable impact.