Contact us: +61 8 8226 8800
- The Hon Nat Cook
- The Hon Katrine Hildyard
- Chief Executive Lois Boswell
- Strategic Plan
- Departmental legislative framework
- Freedom of information, open government and privacy
- Policies and plans
- Access and Inclusion
- Social Media
Start of main content.
Delivering modern services for our communities
Our services reflect the changing needs of South Australians and are focused on supporting positive and lasting outcomes.
- All services provided or commissioned are developed to maximise outcomes, safety and quality with no unnecessary red tape.
- We integrate our services to ensure we understand the supports and care our communities need and then deliver them.
- Our services and programs are driven by data and the best available evidence, research and practice and we always measure and evaluate outcomes.
- We will make it easier and more accessible for people to connect with DHS, including through digitising and streamlining all possible services.
Priority deliverables for 2021-22
- Launch South Australia’s NDIS Restrictive Practices scheme.
- Launch the South Australian Aboriginal Language Interpreting Service.
- Implement strategies to prepare DHS to operate under the NDIS from July 2023.
- Advance the Youth Justice State Plan.
- Progress the Kurlana Tapa Youth Justice Centre capital build.
- Develop an integrated, department-wide clinical governance framework.
- Deliver the Disability Accommodation Services Trainee Recruitment initiative.
- Progress system and customer experience improvements in the worker screenings regime.
- Respond to the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability and implement system improvements and recommendations.