- Disability SA
- Disability Services
- Domiciliary Equipment Service
- Early Intervention Research Directorate
- Interpreting and Translating Centre
- NDIS Reform
- Office for Carers
- Office for Problem Gambling
- Office for Volunteers
- Office for Women
- Office for Youth
- State Recovery
- Youth Justice
Disability Information Service
The Disability Information Service is ceasing soon.
Disability Information Service
1300 786 117
As South Australians with disability continue to transition from State Government disability services to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), the state based Disability Information Service is also winding down.
This general enquiries service offered information about disability services and support in South Australia.
In the new NDIS environment, providers are better positioned to outline their services offered. The NDIS also provides information to assist people living with a disability, along with its NDIS Local Area Coordinators (LACs) who have offices servicing South Australia.
Please remove Disability Information Service contact details and replace with suitable future points of contact (some potential references are provided below).
NB: This includes updating any lists, websites, brochures, correspondence and other communications materials organisations may have included these details on in the past.
Future points of contact
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) website - 1800 800 110
NDIS Local Area Coordinators servicing South Australia
Screening Unit calls – 1300 321 592
Public Transport – 1300 311 108
Disability Parking Permit – 13 1084 (administered by Service SA service centres)
Disability Advocacy and Complaints Service of SA – 7122 6030
Disability Rights Advocacy Service – 8351 9500
Centrelink (Disability Support Pension, Mobility Allowance, Sickness Allowance) – 132 717
Equipment related enquiries (DES) – 1300 295 786
Other crisis support services available to help you include:
If life is in danger, phone 000 (triple zero).
If you are an NDIS participant, you can speak with your individual service providers about the after-hours support you may need.
If you are a Domiciliary Equipment Services (DES) client and require emergency repairs after-hours, phone 1300 130 302.
- Police - 131 444 for non-urgent police assistance (24 hours, 7 days)
- Domestic Violence Crisis Line - 1800 800 098 for crisis counselling, support and referral to safe accommodation(diverts to homelessness gateway service after-hours)
- 1800RESPECT- 1800 737 732 for sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling (24 hours, 7 days)
- Women's Information Service - (08) 8303 0590 for referrals to domestic violence services and for safety information (Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm)
- Poisons Information Line - 13 11 26 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Lifeline - 13 11 14 for crisis support and suicide prevention (24 hours, 7 days)
- Suicide Call Back Service- 1300 659 467 for people at risk of suicide, and their carers (24 hours, 7 days)
- Homelessness Gateway Service - Uniting Communities 1800 003 308 for referrals to a specialist homelessness service (24 hours, 7 days)
Domestic and Aboriginal Family Violence Anti-Poverty Brokerage – Uniting Communities (08) 8202 5821 (9.30 am to 4.30 pm)
- Counselling for men who want to change angry or violent behaviours - Uniting Communities (08) 8202 5190 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Home-based care – Homelink - Uniting Communities (08) 8202 5291 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Mental Health Triage Service – SA Health 13 14 65 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS)– SA Health 1300 13 1340 (South Australian callers only. Any day between 8:30 am and 10.00 pm)
- healthdirect 1800 022 222 for national after-hours GP helpline