Another Code Blue to support our state’s vulnerable
Cold weather meant our emergency winter response plan for people sleeping rough was again in effect on Friday and Saturday nights throughout the state.
In the Adelaide CBD, the Westcare Centre, 11-19 Millers Court, was open on Friday and Saturday nights.
Support was also available in regional centres including Port Augusta, Port Pirie, Whyalla, Ceduna, Coober Pedy, Port Lincoln, Mount Gambier and the Riverland.
Local homelessness services in the regions provided outreach services and connected people sleeping rough to emergency accommodation and other supports.
- Port Augusta - Lakeview Accommodation Centre and Mobile Assistance Patrol
- Port Pirie – Housing SA
- Whyalla - Centacare
- Ceduna - Wangka Willurrara Transitional Aboriginal Accommodation Centre and mobile assistance program
- Coober Pedy- Coober Pedy Homelessness and Support Service
- Port Lincoln - West Coast Youth and Community Services
- Mount Gambier – ac.care (Anglican Community Care)
- Riverland – Life Without Barriers
Outreach services like Street Crew in Adelaide were also out and about to provide additional support.
Code Blue has been activated statewide for six of the first 10 nights in June.
People who are sleeping rough, or people assisting them, can phone South Australia's Homelessness Gateway at any time on 1800 003 308.