New 'one-stop-shop' to help South Australians with cost of living pressures
A new “one-stop-shop” Better budgets web page has been developed by the State Government, so South Australians can more easily and quickly find a range of initiatives available to help ease cost-of-living pressures.
The Better budgets web page has been designed to improve access to information and resources in areas including energy, education, health, transport and money management.
It is the first time this information has been available in a single, digital destination after it was recognised that there was no one place for South Australians to quickly and easily find cost-of-living initiatives available to them.
The page links users with a range of resources including:
- Energy and water – how to shop around for an energy deal or lower your water usage
- Housing - accessing private rental assistance or HomeStart finance
- Education – help with paying school fees or travel allowances for school children
- Transport – accessing taxi fare subsidies or transport concessions
- Money management – preparing for retirement or help with managing debt
- Health – how to shop around for private health insurance or access government-funded aged care services.
South Australians are urged to visit the new Better budgets web page and see if they could be saving dollars in their households
The government would also like to hear from people using the web page about what else could be added to the page to make it more useful.
Visit the Better budgets web page.