$300 COVID-19 cluster isolation payments return for SA
This is an archived media release. The information may be outdated.
Please refer to the COVID-19 health information on the SA Health website.
South Australians who are required to get tested and isolate due to the current COVID-19 cluster, and who do not have access to paid leave or other income support, can receive a one-off $300 payment from the State Government.
This State Government payment will be particularly welcome for anyone not eligible for Commonwealth COVID-19 disaster payments, including essential workers exempt from lockdown, international students and those who lost less than eight hours of work.
COVID-19 cluster isolation payment eligibility criteria
- visited one of the declared exposure sites, between the indicated time periods, of the COVID-19 SA cluster from 17 July onwards — please see the SA Health website for a list of all exposure sites
- have undertaken a COVID-19 test
- be required to self-isolate pending test result
- had been scheduled to work during the period of self-isolation
- have no access to paid leave or other income support (including Commonwealth COVID-19 disaster payments)
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a holder of necessary visa and work permits (temporary visa holders and international students)
- be aged 17 years or over.
Applying for the payment
To find out more and to apply for the $300 COVID-19 cluster isolation payment:
This is the second time the State Government has offered a COVID-19 cluster isolation payment, which last year paid out $208,200 to 694 people affected by the Parafield cluster.
Commonwealth COVID-19 Disaster Payment
The Australian Government has also approved payments for South Australians unable to work at his time. More information, including how to claim the Commonwealth COVID-19 Disaster Payment (including the matching income support payment for eligible SA individuals outside the Commonwealth declared hotspots) will be available on the Services Australia website soon.Page last updated : 12 Aug 2021