Thursday 15 October 2020
Dear sector colleagues,
The Department of Human Services (DHS) is hosting an online forum for our disability sector colleagues:
- Thursday 29 October 2020, from 12 noon to 1.00 pm.
- Zoom link to forum
During the forum, our expert panel will provide an update on the following key topics:
- The newly-released COVID-19 Operational Response Plan for supported independent living providers (SIL) and outcomes from the SIL Providers Expert Readiness group;
- The Congregate Living Working Group’s work with supported residential facilities;
- Collaboration between DHS, the NDIA and NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission on COVID-19 response; and
- PPE and infection control.
Our panel will be happy to answer any other questions you may have about how we manage the risk of COVID-19 in the future, together with how we can best protect and support clients and staff. We invite you to submit any questions via this online form by Tuesday 27 October at 3.00 pm.
If time permits, you will also have an opportunity to ask any questions you may have during the session.
- Joe Young, Executive Director - Disability Services, DHS
- Cassie Mason, Director - Office for Ageing Well, Department for Health and Wellbeing
- Dr Chris Lease, Deputy Chief Public Health Officer, SA Health
- Tim Baker, South Australian State Director, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Clarissa Bourne, Director for Behaviour Support, NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Vince Raschella, Director, Provider Engagement SA, NDIA
A recording will be available on the DHS NGO COVID-19 Support pages for those who are unable to attend live.
We invite you to submit any questions via this online form by Tuesday 27 October at 3.00 pm.
If you have any general questions about the forum, please email DHS.Events@sa.gov.au.