Tuesday 3 August 2021
COVID-19 update - Gradual easing of restrictions
Dear sector colleagues,
The Premier has announced that the following levelling down of restrictions will come into effect as of 12:01am Thursday, 5 August:
- Density requirements change to 1 person per 2 square metres.
- Sport competition can resume this weekend though there will be some conditions in place for the number of spectators in attendance.
- Gyms - 1 person per 4 square metres.
- Household and private gatherings limited to 10 people maximum per household including members of house.
- Food and beverage consumption – seated only, both indoor and outdoor.
- Restrictions on dancing and singing to continue.
Masks are to remain mandatory in:
- High-risk settings such as healthcare (including aged care and disability services), public transport, passenger transport and personal care environments (eg, hairdresser), and in theatres and cinemas.
- Indoor public places where face to face interaction takes place (e.g. supermarkets, shops, etc.).
- Secondary schools for both students and teachers (ages 12 and up), though excursions and assemblies can take place again.
Masks are also strongly recommended for indoor workplaces, particularly in common areas where social distancing is difficult to maintain such as meeting rooms, tea rooms and lifts.
The Premier advised that the current mask mandates and recommendations are likely to apply for the foreseeable future due to the heightened risk posed by the Delta strain of COVID-19 which is airborne and highly transmissible.
Whilst the majority of meetings hosted by DHS will continue to be held online at this stage, our department has made a decision to voluntarily implement the COVID Safe Check-In (QR Codes) at our worksites. The COVID Safe Check-In ensures the safety of our staff and visitors and enables SA Health to quickly contact others should there be any further risks or concerns about the spread of COVID-19 in South Australia.
All guests, visitors and contractors are asked to please scan the QR Code relevant to the floor level of the worksite building they are entering. Thank you for your cooperation in utilising this system when visiting DHS worksites.
Travel Advice - Queensland
With the concerning situation developing in South East Queensland, the Premier has recommended visiting South Australians return home as soon as possible to avoid any potential border restrictions with the sunshine state.
Those returning to South Australia from South East Queensland areas affected by the lockdown are required to complete 14 days of quarantine and the relevant testing requirements. See the interstate contact tracing and exposure locations page for information about travel restrictions, testing and quarantine advice for Queensland, and other states and territories.
SA Health contact tracing website continues to be updated with new exposure sites, so please continue to monitor this site regularly.
Please continue to get tested if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how minor. There are over 85 testing facilities available to visit. You can find your nearest site from a full list of clinics and testing centres available on the SA Health website.
For those who are eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination, you can book your vaccination appointment online via the SA Health website. When you receive your COVID-19 vaccination, please fill in the basic information on the COVID Vaccination Register. If you have difficulties using the Register, please contact the BIT Service Desk.
New vaccination clinics for RACF staff
Two new vaccination clinics have opened in Highgate Park (operated by DHS) and Enfield providing the Pfizer vaccine for residential aged care facility (RACF) staff, along with the Medindie vaccination clinic. All RACF staff are eligible, including health practitioners, personal care workers, kitchen staff, cleaners and administrative staff.
For more information about the three clinics and how RACF staff can access the Pfizer vaccine, visit SA Health’s COVID-19 vaccine website.
Ngaityalya (Kaurna, thank you)