Contact us: +61 8 8226 8800
NGO COVID-19 Support
- Latest News
- Business Planning Toolkit
Client / customer health and welfare measures
- Implement measures to protect customers from exposure and / or infection in accordance with government guidelines. Please refer to the latest Australian Government guidance.
- Further to the above, identify:
- The process for identifying the risk of exposure to a client;
- The process for seeking medical advice / consultation if a client is suspected to have COVID-19; and
- The process for ‘contract tracing’ and communicating with family regarding a client who may have COVID-10.
- Consider whether the organisation can collaborate and interact with a client of another organisation without breaching privacy laws. Consider whether information can be shared for the sake of contact tracing.
- Recognise that increased levels of anxiety and uncertainty are anticipated amongst the community and the need for clear communication to vulnerable members of the community.
- Determine whether face-to-face services will continue and, if so, in what capacity.
- Consider the need for increased services, for example, family based violence providers may consider it necessary to conduct additional check-ins to ensure the safety and welfare of their clients.
- Understand the risks around having clients access the broader health system as opposed to self-isolation (particularly in the disability sector).
Do as needed
- Ensure that all clients receive appropriate and regular communication.