Contact us: +61 8 8226 8800
Start of main content.Page last updated : 17 Aug 2021
Training and support
- Designate a person to coordinate and maintain records of Coronavirus (COVID-19)-related education and training activities.
- Provide education and training to all staff on Coronavirus (COVID-19)-related topics such as:
- Signs and symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19) illnesses
- Hand hygiene
- Standard precautions, transmission-based precautions (contact, droplet, airborne)
- Appropriate use of PPE
- Biohazard waste management
- Decontamination and cleaning of clinical areas and equipment
- Quarantine and isolation protocols
- Notifiable disease reporting
- Ensure that all staff are aware of the health service’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) response plan, and perform testing of the plan e.g. through a staff training day using Coronavirus (COVID-19)-related scenarios.
- Review existing arrangements between supervisors and staff to monitor concerns, expectations and continue relationships. This may also extend to team meetings and revising agenda items.
- Identify opportunities to provide mental health support to staff and clients.
Do as needed