- Contacts and locations
- Engagement and consultation
- Policies and guidelines
- Publications and resources
Access and inclusion plans
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 to 2018
- Our vision - Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
- Disability access and inclusion context
- South Australians living with disability
- Departmental profile - staff with disability
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan outcomes
- Outcome 1: inclusive and accessible communities
- Outcome 2: economic security and employment
- Outcome 3: rights protection, justice and legislation
- Outcome 4: personal and community support
- Outcome 5: learning and skills
- Outcome 6: health and wellbeing
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan development and implementation
- Child and Youth Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Moving On Program
- Office of the Senior Practitioner
- ASSIST Therapy Services
Disability Access and Inclusion Plan outcomes
Disability Access and Inclusion Plan policy directions reflect those of the NDS but specifically relate to the South Australian context and priorities. This approach provides a common framework that aligns with the direction of current national and state government disability reforms in moving from a focus on service provision to a rights-based approach supporting individual choice, control and independence.
People with disability live in accessible and well-designed communities with opportunity for full inclusion in social, economic, sporting and cultural life.
People with disability, their families and carers have economic security, enabling them to plan for the future and exercise choice and control over their lives.
People with disability have their rights promoted, upheld and protected.
People with disability, their families and carers have access to a range of supports to assist them to live independently and actively engage in their communities.
People with disability achieve their full potential through their participation in an inclusive high-quality education system that is responsive to their needs. People with disability have opportunities to continue learning throughout their lives.
People with disability attain the highest possible health and wellbeing outcomes throughout their lives.
Phone: +61 8 8415 4250