- Contacts and locations
- Engagement and consultation
- Policies and guidelines
- Publications and resources
Access and inclusion plans
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 to 2018
- Our vision - Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
- Disability access and inclusion context
- South Australians living with disability
- Departmental profile - staff with disability
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan outcomes
- Outcome 1: inclusive and accessible communities
- Outcome 2: economic security and employment
- Outcome 3: rights protection, justice and legislation
- Outcome 4: personal and community support
- Outcome 5: learning and skills
- Outcome 6: health and wellbeing
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan development and implementation
- Child and Youth Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Moving On Program
- ASSIST Therapy Services
Our vision - Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
Communities for all: opportunities for everyone
The Department of Human Services (DHS) strives to help South Australians build communities where people are involved and feel connected, safe and supported. We know that where a person lives affects their access to opportunities and has a major impact on their wellbeing. If people work together to strengthen a community, the lives of all those who live within it will be better.
South Australia's Strategic Plan 2011, the South Australian Government's Seven Strategic Priorities and the 10 economic priorities identified in the report South Australia: The Place Where People and Business Thrive, focus on achievements to improve the quality of life and prosperity for all members of the community. The DHS DAIP provides a unique opportunity to seize these opportunities to benefit South Australians with disability.
DHS defines its priorities with three strategic objectives:
- support independence and participation
- make our communities stronger
- provide the best services.
The Department brings together a range of services and policies designed to support vulnerable people and to help build resilient communities. We are committed to working together to make South Australia a place of opportunity for all.
Being included in our community is fundamental to building a better life. Communities have a significant impact on our daily lives, influencing our access to services and opportunities, our health, safety and wellbeing.
- Community Services
- Corporate Services
- Disability SA
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Office for Women
- State Recovery
- Youth Justice
Phone: +61 8 8415 4250