Department of Human Services

Start of main content.

How to make a complaint

Are you concerned about how you or someone you know is being treated?

If life is in danger, phone 000 (triple zero) to speak with police or ambulance services. For non-urgent police matters phone 131 444.

Guide to Making a Report (PDF 53.8KB)

Complaints about the quality and safety of supports and services

If your complaint relates to NDIS supports and services

NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission

Phone 1800 035 544

If your complaint relates to an aged care provider

Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission

Phone 1800 951 822

If your complaint relates to a hospital or health care service

Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner (HCSCC)

Phone 1800 232 007

To discuss concerns or to make a report about suspected or actual abuse or neglect of an adult

For adults aged 65 years and over, 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and adults of any age living with a disability who may be vulnerable:

SA Abuse Prevention Phone Line

Phone 1800 372 310

Assistance to address concerns or to make a complaint

Aged Rights Advocacy Service (ARAS)

Phone 1800 700 600

Disability Advocacy and Complaints Service of South Australia (DACSSA)

Phone (08) 7122 6030

Interpreting Services

National Relay Service

Translating and Interpreting Service

Phone 131 450

Page last updated : 09 Sep 2022

This site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2021 DHS .[sm v5.5.6.6]