South Australian Housing Trust
- SA Housing Trust Board
- Housing design guidelines
- Housing SA Blueprint
- Rent Reports
- Connecting People to Place
- Housing Trust policies
- Homelessness Providers
Providing Housing SA services to DHS employees policy
This policy sets out how Housing SA manages requests for services from employees of the South Australian Department of Human Services (DHS).
These services include, but aren’t limited to:
- the Private Rental Assistance Program
- registering interest in public Aboriginal or community housing
- offering public or Aboriginal housing.
Approval process for DHS employees
Decisions to provide a service to DHS employees are made on merit, without bias or self-interest.
The DHS employee must be eligible for the service in line with the appropriate policies, procedures and guidelines.
Written submission from Housing SA
The Housing SA officer assessing the DHS employee’s request for a service makes a written submission to their manager. The manager and the appropriate Housing SA Director approve the request before the service can be provided.
The written submission includes all of the below information:
- the DHS employee’s circumstances
- why the staff member recommends the service is or isn’t provided
- confirmation the DHS employee’s eligible for the service, and that policy and guidelines have been applied correctly and fairly
- confirmation the DHS employee hasn’t used their knowledge or relationships developed while working at DHS for their own personal benefit
- confirmation providing the service isn’t a conflict of interest
- any other supporting evidence or information.
The Director approves the submission if both of the below conditions are met:
- offering the service doesn’t conflict, or isn’t perceived to conflict, with the DHS employee’s duties
- the DHS employee hasn’t misused information or a relationship developed while working at DHS to get the service.
The manager notifies the DHS employee in writing of the Director’s decision.
All information about a DHS employee’s application for a service, including the written submission, is kept on their customer file.
DHS employees’ customer files are stored in a secure location - eg in a locked cupboard.
This policy’s based on and complies with:
Related policies and other documents
- Eligibility for public housing policy
- Private Rental Assistance Program policy
- Public and Aboriginal housing registration and allocation policy
Date this policy applies from
17 April 2018
The online version of the policy’s the approved and current version. There’s no guarantee any printed copies are current.