- Aboriginal peoples
- Departmental legislative framework
- Freedom of information, open government and privacy
- Key strategies and plans
- Social Media
The Department of Human Services welcomes employees with disability, recognising that they represent an important pool of talent that can enhance our service delivery capability.
- acknowledges the rights of people with disabilities to have equal opportunities to participate in Public Sector employment, and
- is committed to increasing the representation of people with disability in our workforce.
DHS and Disability Works Australia (DWA)
We link with DWA and other disability employment service providers to facilitate working relationships between the department and potential employees.
DHS and DWA promote employment for people with disability by:
- broadcasting vacancies to across Disability Employment Networks and Services
- promoting greater use of the Disability Employment Register
- conducting an induction program to assist new employees to become familiar with the SA Government's services, structure, policies and procedures
- providing advice in relation to wage subsidies, workplace modifications, transport assistance and other disability-related services
- delivering disability awareness training to employees and promoting a culture of inclusion.
Disability Works Australia
297 Brighton Road
Somerton Park SA 5044