Student Placements

Student placements are part of the coursework in:

  • A University degree;
  • Technical and Further Education (TAFE); or
  • Registered Training Organisation (RTO) programs.

Students help with appropriate activities that contribute to the achievement of their stated learning goals. They are allocated a DHS Manager or Supervisor who provides oversight and directs their work during their time in the department.

Placement enquiries

Currently, we are only able to consider requests for Social Work and Clinical Psychology placements in our Child Safety and Family Support; and Community and Aboriginal Partnerships divisions. All requests must be made directly through the Student Placement Coordinator at your University who can contact the team via

Page last updated 15 February 2024