- Contacts and locations
- Engagement and consultation
- Policies and guidelines
- Publications and resources
Access and inclusion plans
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2014 to 2018
- Our vision - Disability Access and Inclusion Plan
- Disability access and inclusion context
- South Australians living with disability
- Departmental profile - staff with disability
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan outcomes
- Outcome 1: inclusive and accessible communities
- Outcome 2: economic security and employment
- Outcome 3: rights protection, justice and legislation
- Outcome 4: personal and community support
- Outcome 5: learning and skills
- Outcome 6: health and wellbeing
- Disability Access and Inclusion Plan development and implementation
- Child and Youth Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Moving On Program
- ASSIST Therapy Services
Disability SA provides community support and specialist services to children and adults with disability, their families and carers. Offices are located throughout South Australia.
Disability SA support includes:
- Early intervention and development services for children and young people, once their support plans are approved by the NDIA
- Case management
- Helping carers (for example, advice and respite care)
- Therapy such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology and psychology.
Until the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) roll out is complete, Disability SA will continue to conduct resource allocation for the disability sector in South Australia.
Learn about getting disability support including assistance with accessing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Our contacts and locations page can link you to your nearest office, or you can call the Southern team on 8187 6200 or the Central team on 8366 7333. You can also email us at DHSDisabilityinfo@sa.gov.au
Please visit our Feedback page if you would like to provide us with Feedback or if you wish to make a complaint.
After-hours crisis support
If you or a person with disability is experiencing an emergency, please immediately contact 000 to speak with the Police, Fire, or Ambulance.
If you are an NDIS participant, you can speak with your individual service providers about the after-hours support you may need.
If you are a Domiciliary Equipment Services (DES) client and require emergency repairs after-hours, you can call 1300 130 302.
For after-hours crisis support, you can call (08) 8372 1414 from 5.00 pm to 8.30 am Monday to Friday, and 24 hours on weekends.
Other crisis support services available to help you include:
- Police 131 444 for non-urgent police assistance (24 hours, 7 days)
- Domestic Violence Crisis Line 1800 800 098 for crisis counselling, support and referral to safe accommodation(diverts to homelessness gateway service after-hours)
- 1800RESPECT1800 737 732 for sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling (24 hours, 7 days)
- Women's Information Service (08) 8303 0590 for referrals to domestic violence services and for safety information (Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm)
- Poisons Information Line13 11 26 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Lifeline 13 11 14 for crisis support and suicide prevention (24 hours, 7 days)
- Suicide Call Back Service1300 659 467 for people at risk of suicide, and their carers (24 hours, 7 days)
- Homelessness Gateway Service - Uniting Communities 1800 003 308 for referrals to a specialist homelessness service (24 hours, 7 days)
Domestic and Aboriginal Family Violence Anti-Poverty Brokerage – Uniting Communities (08) 8202 5821 (9.30 am to 4.30 pm)
- Counselling for men who want to change angry or violent behaviours - Uniting Communities (08) 8202 5190 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Home-based care – Homelink - Uniting Communities (08) 8202 5291 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Mental Health Triage Service – SA Health 13 14 65 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS)– SA Health 1300 13 1340 (South Australian callers only. Any day between 8:30 am and 10.00 pm)
- healthdirect 1800 022 222 for national after-hours GP helpline
Contact Disability SA
PO Box 70, Rundle Mall
Adelaide SA 5000
Phone: 1300 786 117 (9.00 am to 5.00 pm)