- Contacts and locations
- Engagement and consultation
- Policies and guidelines
- Publications and resources
- Access and inclusion
- Child and Youth Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- ASSIST Therapy Services
Disability SA provides community support and specialist services to children and adults with disability, their families and carers. Offices are located throughout South Australia.
Disability SA support includes:
- Early intervention and development services for children and young people, once their support plans are approved by the NDIA
- Case management
- Helping carers (for example, advice and respite care)
- Therapy such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology and psychology.
Until the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) roll out is complete, Disability SA will continue to conduct resource allocation for the disability sector in South Australia.
Learn about getting disability support including assistance with accessing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Phone the Southern team on (08) 8187 6200
Phone the Central team on (08) 8366 7333
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our Feedback page if you would like to provide us with feedback or make a report about a service.
After-hours crisis support
If life is in danger, phone 000 (triple zero).
If you are an NDIS participant, you can speak with your individual service providers about the after-hours support you may need.
If you are a Domiciliary Equipment Services (DES) client and require emergency repairs after-hours, phone 1300 130 302.
For after-hours crisis support, phone (08) 8372 1414 from 5.00 pm to 8.30 am Monday to Friday, and 24 hours on weekends.
Other crisis support services available to help you include:
- Police 131 444 for non-urgent police assistance (24 hours, 7 days)
- Domestic Violence Crisis Line 1800 800 098 for crisis counselling, support and referral to safe accommodation(diverts to homelessness gateway service after-hours)
- 1800RESPECT 1800 737 732 for sexual assault, domestic and family violence counselling (24 hours, 7 days)
- Women's Information Service (08) 8303 0590 for referrals to domestic violence services and for safety information (Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm)
- Poisons Information Line 13 11 26 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Lifeline 13 11 14 for crisis support and suicide prevention (24 hours, 7 days)
- Suicide Call Back Service1300 659 467 for people at risk of suicide, and their carers (24 hours, 7 days)
- Homelessness Gateway Service - Uniting Communities 1800 003 308 for referrals to a specialist homelessness service (24 hours, 7 days)
Domestic and Aboriginal Family Violence Anti-Poverty Brokerage – Uniting Communities (08) 8202 5821 (9.30 am to 4.30 pm)
- Counselling for men who want to change angry or violent behaviours - Uniting Communities (08) 8202 5190 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Home-based care – Homelink - Uniting Communities (08) 8202 5291 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Mental Health Triage Service – SA Health 13 14 65 (24 hours, 7 days)
- Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS)– SA Health 1300 13 1340 (South Australian callers only. Any day between 8:30 am and 10.00 pm)
- healthdirect 1800 022 222 for national after-hours GP helpline
Contact Disability SA
PO Box 70, Rundle Mall
Adelaide SA 5000
Phone: 1300 786 117 (9.00 am to 5.00 pm)