- Addressing the cost of living
- Australian Service Excellence Standards
- Concessions and Support Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Grants for organisations
- LGBTIQ Inclusion
- Local Partnerships
- Metropolitan Aboriginal Youth and Family Services
- News for the Community Services sector
- Results-Based Accountability
- STARservice Development Program
- South Australian Not-for-Profit Funding Rules and Guidelines (SANFRAG)
Concessions and Support Services
Concessions and Support Services (CASS) undertakes leadership of direct services to the community through:
- administration of concessions programs
- quality interpreting and translating services
- planning and development of national and state-wide problem gambling programs, services and projects.
CASS provides a range of concessions and services to eligible South Australians through ConcessionsSA and various programs including:
- Companion Card
- Cost of Living Concession
- Energy bill concession
- Emergency Energy Payment Scheme
- Emergency Services Levy (fixed property) Remission
- Funeral AssistanceSA
- Medical Heating and Cooling Concession
- Personal Alert Systems Rebate Scheme
- Transport Concession Card
- Water and sewage rate concessions.
Visit sa.gov concessions webpages for information about individual concessions and programs.
Interpreting and Translating Centre
Interpreting and Translating Centre (ITC) provides comprehensive, high quality, efficient, confidential and professional interpreting and translating services. With 40 years' experience, ITC has developed linguistic and technical expertise in over 115 languages and dialects. ITC has extensive knowledge of the interpreting and translating field and is highly focused on understanding each client's individual requirements and providing quality services and products in a timely manner.