- Addressing the cost of living
- Quality Improvement Program
- Australian Service Excellence Standards (ASES)
- Concessions and Support Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Grants for organisations
- Interpreting and Translating Centre
- Local Partnerships
- Results-Based Accountability
- Social Impact Framework
- STARservice Development Program
- Community Connections
Concessions and Support Services
To apply for household concessions, you can use the online application form or scan and email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Processing delays may apply to applications received by post.
The government provides a range of concessions and programs to eligible South Australians including:
- Companion Card
- Cost of Living Concession (opens new website)
- Energy bill concession
- Emergency Electricity Payment Scheme
- Emergency Services Levy (fixed property) Remission (opens new website)
- Funeral AssistanceSA
- Medical Heating and Cooling Concession
- Personal AlertSA
- Transport Concession Card (opens new website)
- Water and sewage rate concessions.
Visit sa.gov concessions webpages for information about individual concessions and programs.
Concessions are also available to residents of retirement villages and residential parks.
Leadership of direct services to the community is done by Concessions and Support Services (CASS) through:
- administration of concessions programs
- quality interpreting and translating services.
Interpreting and Translating Centre
Interpreting and Translating Centre (ITC) provides comprehensive, high quality, efficient, confidential and professional interpreting and translating services. With 40 years' experience, ITC has developed linguistic and technical expertise in over 115 languages and dialects. ITC has extensive knowledge of the interpreting and translating field and is highly focused on understanding each client's individual requirements and providing quality services and products in a timely manner.