The Department of Human Services (the Department) social media accounts are managed by the Department’s Communications and Engagement Team. It is an open forum that is not designed to address emergency calls or provide individual advice. If you are in an emergency situation, please call 000.
Comments, @Replies and direct messaging
The Department is not able to reply individually to all comments. On matters of common topics and where requests exist, the Department may issue a general notification.
Whilst we welcome feedback and ideas from all our followers, inappropriate and offensive comments should not be posted. This includes any information that identifies or has the potential to identify our clients’ personal or confidential details. Such tweets or comments may be subject to legal action.
For information about how to contact the Department of Human Services directly, please visit the Contact us section on this website.
The Department of Human Services provides updates and monitors the Department of Human Services social media accounts from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm CST, with occasional updates occurring outside these hours. Social media accounts may occasionally be unavailable, and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to downtime or circumstances outside of the Department’s control.
If you follow @HumanServicesSA we will not automatically follow you back. The Department will generally not follow any individual. Twitter accounts followed by the Department do not imply endorsement of any kind.
Acceptance of Terms
By following or posting to the Department’s social media accounts(s), you have confirmed that you agree to adhere to the following online community guidelines.
While contributing to these open forums, please ensure your comments and messages do not contain
- hate speech
- profanity, obscenity, or vulgarity
- comments/messages that could be considered prejudicial, racist and / or inflammatory
- nudity and / or offensive imagery in profile pictures
- defamation of a person and /or people
- name calling and /or personal attacks
- comments and / or messages with the intent to sell a product
- comments that infringe on copyrights
- spam comments and / or messages from individuals and / or groups, such as the same comment posted repeatedly on a profile
- comments and /or messages that contain and /or promote false information and / or ‘faux’ science
- personal information about you and / or another individual (including identifying information, email addresses, phone numbers and / or private addresses)
- false representation of another individual, organisation, government and / or entity
- promotion of a product, business, company and / or organisation.
The Department of Human Services retains the right to remove and / or block any content that does not comply with the community guidelines or is deemed inappropriate by the Department Communications and Engagement Team.
Repeated violations of the Department online community guidelines may cause the author to be blocked from all Department social media accounts.