- Child safe environments
- Safer Family Services
Child safe environments
The Child Safe Environments program supports organisations providing services to children and young people to build and maintain environments that are both child safe and child-friendly. These are environments where children and young people:
- are protected
- feel respected, valued and encouraged to reach their full potential
- are heard.
We do this by supporting:
- organisations to develop child safe policies and procedures aligned with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- organisations to lodge their child safe environments compliance statement
- facilitators of the Safe Environments – Through Their Eyes training.
As a prescribed organisation, the department has a Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, which applies to all children, young people and families we work with.
- Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017
- Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016
- Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Regulations 2019
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Portal - Australian Catholic University
- Child safeguarding podcasts - Bradley Poynting