Child safe environments
The Child Safe Environments program supports organisations providing services to children and young people to build and maintain environments that are both child safe and child-friendly. These are environments where children and young people:
- are protected
- feel respected, valued and encouraged to reach their full potential
- are heard.
We do this by supporting:
- organisations to develop child safe policies and procedures aligned with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- organisations to lodge their child safe environments compliance statement
- facilitators of the Safe Environments – Through Their Eyes training.
As a prescribed organisation, the department has a Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, which applies to all children, young people and families we work with.
- Children and Young People (Safety) Act 2017
- Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Act 2016
- Child Safety (Prohibited Persons) Regulations 2019
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Portal - Australian Catholic University
- Child safeguarding podcasts - Bradley Poynting