- Roadmap for reform
- CFSS services
- Early Intervention Research Directorate
Child and Family Support System (CFSS)
The Child and Family Support System (CFSS) is an important part of the whole of government reform of South Australia’s child protection system – Safe and well: Supporting families protecting children.
Under the strategy, government agencies are working in partnership to:
- support families at risk of entering the child protection system
- protect children from harm including when they come into care, and
- invest in young people in care, so they leave care with opportunities for a bright future.
The Department of Human Services (DHS) is leading the reform of services that support families earlier, using data to ensure the right support is available at the right time.
This includes opportunities to:
- pilot initiatives
- learn and adapt to changing circumstances
- build our evidence base of what works to improve outcomes for children and families, and
- develop initiatives and responses adapted to local needs.
The shared vision for the CFSS is that all children are safe and well at home in family, community and culture.