On this page
There are many helpful guides and materials that will help you create child safe environments.
For comprehensive information on the working with children check requirements, visit screening.sa.gov.au.
- Child safe environments: Principles of good practice (PDF 319KB)
- Mandatory notification information booklet (PDF 330KB)
- Mandatory reporting guide (PDF 607KB)
- Information sharing guidelines
- Sample code of conduct (general) (PDF 130KB)
- Sample code of conduct (health) (PDF 160KB)
- Sample code of conduct (sport) (DOC 83KB)
The following fact sheets provide more information for organisations to create child safe environments.
- Child safe environments fact sheet (PDF 304KB)
- Compliance statement fact sheet (PDF 302KB)
- Working with children checks – fact sheets (PDF 619KB)
- Parents and carers fact sheet (PDF 365KB)
- Resources for safe and supportive sporting environments - Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing
- Play by the Rules - Australian Sports Commission
- National Framework for Protecting Australia’s Children
- National Association for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect (NAPCAN)
- Australian Institute of Family Studies
- Child Wise
- SMART (Strategies for managing abuse related trauma) training