$300 COVID-19 cluster isolation payments available
Eligible South Australians who have undertaken a COVID-19 test, are required to self-isolate and do not have access to paid leave or other income support can apply for a new, one-off $300 COVID-19 cluster isolation payment.
Many South Australians may be eligible for this payment, including casual workers and sole traders.
These targeted, one-off $300 payments are specifically for eligible South Australians who have:
- undertaken a COVID-19 test
- are required to self-isolate pending the test result
- have been scheduled to work during the period of self-isolation, and
- have no access to paid leave or other income support.
If this means people have missed a rostered shift or can’t work as a result of waiting for COVID-19 test results, they may be eligible for this payment.
COVID-19 cluster isolation payment eligibility criteria
The person must:
- have undertaken a COVID-19 test
- be required to self-isolate pending the test result
- have been scheduled to work during the period of self-isolation
- have no access to paid leave or other income support
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or a holder of necessary visa and work permits (temporary visa holders and international students)
- be aged 17 years or over.
More information and apply
Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment
The Federal Government is also administering a payment of up to $1500 for eligible people who have been instructed to self-isolate or quarantine at home by SA Health, or due to a positive COVID-19 test.
Applications for the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment are via the Services Australia website.Page last updated : 27 Nov 2020