- Accommodation services
- Contacts and locations
- Continence Resource Centre
- DHS DAIP
- Disability and Reform Division
- Disability at sa.gov.au
- Domiciliary Equipment Service
- Engagement and consultation
- Future Changes
- Highgate Park
- Independent Living Centre
- Safe Work Instructions
- State Disability Inclusion Plan
Information for families and friends of the people we support 17 November 2020
Information for families and friends of the people we support
Update as at 17 November 2020
Accommodation Services is continuing to be alert to the risks from an outbreak of COVID-19 cases in Adelaide’s northern suburbs since the weekend.
Being alert can help protect the people we support and each other.
We are holding an online forum tomorrow, Wednesday 18 November from 2-3pm, to provide an update on our response to the situation and other key information.
You can join us online tomorrow at this zoom link:
The forum will also be recorded and uploaded to this webpage.
In addition, here are steps we are taking now in the homes of those we support:
- Maintaining good hygiene measures including regular hand-washing, social distancing, frequently wiping down surfaces and encouraging people to avoid touching their eyes and face.
- Supporting your family and friends to attend day activity programs, while strictly maintaining COVID-safe requirements (we are encouraging people we support who access community participation to look to options in open spaces such as parks, and avoid areas with a large mix of people such as shopping centres and cafes).
- Continuing to support your family and friends with healthcare appointments with allied health professionals.
- Reminding our staff of protocols around COVID-19 to follow if they or the people they support are potentially exposed to the virus.
- Ensuring non-essential staff avoid visiting the homes (however please rest assured that front-line staff are continuing to provide direct support).
- Discouraging public transport use, with anyone who does require it advised to wear a face mask.
Families and friends are encouraged during this time to avoid visiting the homes and to utilise video calls if possible. While you can still visit, please book ahead to avoid exceeding the limit of 10 people per house.
In addition, anyone who visits the homes must continue to complete our visitor questionnaire at the door to help support any contact tracing.
If you feel unwell or experience any symptoms, please stay home and get tested. The SA Government’s COVID-19 website provides regular updates on the pandemic in SA and contact tracing locations of interest. SA Health’s COVID-19 FAQs may also provide helpful information.
To get in touch with us, please phone 1800 952 962 and press 3 (Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm excluding public holidays). You can also email AccomFeedback@sa.gov.au.