Support for carers from community organisations
- Carers SA - South Australia's largest provider of services to carers.
- UnitingCare Wesley Bowden - provides support to carers of people with mental health issues.
Support for carers from the government
- DHS 'How we Help - Carers' - DHS funds a selection of services and programs aimed at supporting carers’ wellbeing, connection to services and community.
- Carers information on sa.gov - topics include Aboriginal carers, carers and employment, carers' rights and legislation, complaints and advocacy, emergency help for carers, money matters, respite and other support and young carers.
- Carer Gateway - a national service that provides practical information and resources to support carers
- Financial assistance for carers - information on Centrelink assistance for carers
- Disability and Carers - list of current programs, services and payments available to carers, compiled by the Commonwealth Department of Social Services.
Carer Services – Metro and Adelaide Hills
Southern and Eastern Suburbs and CBD
Yorke Peninsula and Clare Valley
Carer Services – Regional and Country
Lower North Region
Mt Gambier and Limestone Coast
Northern SA (including Pt Pirie, Pt Augusta, Whyalla)
River Murray and Mallee
Southern Fleurieu and Kangaroo Island
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- NDIS: Families and Carers - information about supports in the community provided by the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- My NDIS Pathway - information on the NDIS for people with disability, their families and carers
- NDIS: Fact Sheet (PDF 189KB) - produced by Carers SA
Learn more about becoming a foster carer. Department of Child Protection - phone 1300 236 783
Safe Work Instructions (SWI)
Safe work instructions (SWIs) help carers to perform a variety of care activities safely and competently.
Safe work instructions (SWI)