Contact us: +61 8 8226 8800
Child and Family Support System
- Roadmap for reform
- Universal Health and Education
- Targeted Health and Human Services
- Child Safe Environments
- Adults Supporting Kids (ASK)
- CFSS Family Support Services
- CFSS Intensive Family Services
- Out-of-home care prevention programs
- Programs to prevent intergenerational trauma
- Community Services Support Program - Family Support and Early Intervention
- Early Intervention Research Directorate
Start of main content.
2. Explaining Child Protection in the South Australian context
In South Australia, the 2016 Child Protection System Royal Commission found that one in four children are reported to the Child Protection authorities by age ten (EIRD, 2019:2).
The prevalence of child protection is a national concern, with statutory systems across the country at crisis point.
Our role in Safer Family Services (SFS) is to stem the flow toward the statutory child protection system by preventing and reducing abuse and neglect and responding to children and their families earlier.
SFS will work closely, respectfully and with cultural humility with our children, families and other service partners, ensuring connectivity in service responses, when and where they are needed.Page last updated : 20 Dec 2021