Contact us: +61 8 8226 8800
Start of main content.
Announcements - add a new announcement
- Go to https://dhs.sa.gov.au/services/community-and-family-services/child-safe-environments/facilitators/announcements/_edit
- Log in, using your username and password
- In the top left of the screen, select New
- From the choices in the centre of the panel, select News Item
- In the Title bar, enter a brief title for your Announcement. You have the opportunity to add a more detailed headline later. Avoid punctuation such as apostrophes, percents or ampersands (&) because they will cause problems with your web link (URL).
- Show in menu? select No
- Create locations - select Select New Location
- A File Tree opens. Make sure that the section highlighted in blue is Announcements (asset 101389).
- On the bottom right of the screen there is a Select button. Click to select.
- You are ready to upload the empty page. Click the Create button.
- A blue progress bar will appear. Wait for it to finish processing.
- When the process is complete, look at the middle right for Edit. Click to select.
- Ignore the Status Change? drop-down box for now.
- Go to the News Information section. Fill in the name, phone number and email address of the contact person for this Announcement.
- In the Display section, change the button for Show Headline to No.
- Leave the other buttons at Yes.
- In the Related Link section, you can enter a helpful hyperlink or link to a PDF or Word document.
- In the Related Image section, leave the box blank.
- Look in the top right corner of the page for the Save button. Click to select.
- Look in the grey bar at the top of the page. The Details tab will be highlighted. Select the Content tab.
- Do NOT enter anything In the Summary section.
- In the Body section, put the Announcement text.
- When you are finished, select Save.
- To preview your work, look at the top left of the screen and select Preview.
- To return to your work, next to the Preview button, select Edit.
- When you are ready to publish, look in the grey bar at the top of the page. The Content tab will be highlighted. Select the Details tab.
- Under Change?, use the drop-down menu to select Approve and Make Live.
- On the top right of the window, select Save. Your Announcement is live.
To exit, look at the top right of the screen. Click on the 'head and shoulders' image and select log out.Page last updated : 03 Sep 2021