- Addressing the cost of living
- Australian Service Excellence Standards
- Concessions and Support Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Grants for organisations
- Interpreting and Translating Centre
- LGBTIQ Inclusion
- Local Partnerships
- Metropolitan Aboriginal Youth and Family Services
- News for the Community Services sector
- Problem gambling help
- Results-Based Accountability
- STARservice Development Program
- South Australian Not-for-Profit Funding Rules and Guidelines (SANFRAG)
- Community Connections Program
ASES Accreditation Levels
ASES is a program with two levels of accreditation. Organisations must achieve accreditation at the Certificate level before they can be assessed at the Award level. Organisations are to maintain their Certificate level accreditation.
Organisations at the Certificate level will be expected to have started formalising the way they plan, implement and monitor continuous improvement activities. View this Supporting Documentation List for organisations considering pursuing Certificate level accreditation.
Organisations at the Award level will be expected to demonstrate commitment towards continuous learning and sustainable improvement.
ASES allows for recognition of other Commonwealth and State Standards. The ASES team maps new standards and may be able to assist you in the process of gathering evidence to comply with or recognise prior learning in multiple standards including those for Volunteering and Disability.
Contact us for further information.
|Certificate Level||Award Level|
|Business Planning||Supportive Leadership|
|Policies and Procedures||Improvement|
|Financial and Contract Management||Continuous Improvement|
|People, Partnerships and Communication||Organisational Learning|
|Work Health and Safety||Results|
|Cultural Inclusion||Business and Consumer Outcomes|
|Consumer and Community Engagement|
|Consumer Complaints and Feedback|