- Addressing the cost of living
- Australian Service Excellence Standards
- Concessions and Support Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Grants for organisations
- Interpreting and Translating Centre
- LGBTIQ Inclusion
- Local Partnerships
- Metropolitan Aboriginal Youth and Family Services
- Results-Based Accountability
- STARservice Development Program
- Community Connections Program
How to maintain accreditation
The Australian Service Excellence Standards accreditation is three years.
Once you have achieved accreditation you need to stay motivated and keep your systems updated. Here is a list of suggestions on maintaining accreditation and continuously improving.
- Ensure staff are aware of how important it is to contribute suggestions for improvement.
- Establish a quality group or committee that meet regularly and focus on continuously improving systems and documentation such as policies and procedures.
- look at strategies to raise awareness across the organisation of your quality philosophy and agenda.
- Conduct training for new and current staff on quality concepts and continuous improvement tools.
- Hold lunch and learn sessions on quality and continuous improvement tools for interested staff.
- Develop and maintain a quality action plan.
- Develop an audit schedule and inform your staff when audits are to occur.
- Give yourself ample time to gather and develop evidence for your Australian Service Excellence Standards self assessment. Unless your organisations have a dedicated resource to prepare for external assessment, it generally takes between 12 – 18 months for most organisations.
- Book an assessment 6 months prior to your accreditation expiry date in case there are quality action plans to follow up.
- Talk with other organisations about how they manage their quality improvement processes.
- Keep asking for lots of feedback from your customers and other stakeholders.
- Consider using the continuous improvement tools to collect data on progress against outcomes or problem areas within the organisation.