- Inclusive Play Survey
- Accommodation services
- Access and inclusion
- Contacts and locations
- Continence Resource Centre
Dignity in Care Principles
- Zero tolerance of all forms of abuse - principle 1
- Support with respect - principle 2
- Personalised care - principle 3
- Enable people to maintain independence - principle 4
- Listen to and support people to express their needs and wants - principle 5
- Respect people's privacy - principle 6
- Receive complaints without retribution - principle 7
- Engage with family members and carers - principle 8
- Confidence and positive self-esteem - principle 9
- Alleviate people’s loneliness and isolation - principle 10
- Disability Information Service
- Disability SA
- Disability Support Services
- Domiciliary Equipment Service
- Engagement and consultation
- Future Changes
- Highgate Park
- Independent Living Centre
- NDIS Reform and Services
The State Government has reaffirmed its commitment to moving people with disability out of institutions and into community accommodation with its decision to not provide services from Highgate Park in the future.
There are more options than ever before for people with disability to live independently in the community and over the last few years we have been moving Highgate Park residents into community accommodation with great success.
There are currently 11 residents at Highgate Park, and once they have relocated into alternative community accommodation, Highgate Park will be closed.
The Department of Human Services will be preparing a business case, together with people with disability and other community stakeholders, for the future for the Highgate Park site that will be in the best interests of the Home for Incurables Trust, which owns the site.
Any decision on the future of the site once Highgate Park has closed will be made in consultation with the community, and meet the trust’s objectives to benefit people with disability.
If you would like to be informed or involved in the development of the business case, you can register your interest using the form on this page.