- SA Bushfire Appeal
- Carcuma fire recovery
- Cudlee Creek fire recovery
- Kangaroo Island fire recovery
- Keilira fire recovery
- Yorketown fire recovery
- Home batteries
- Clean up and waste management
- Asbestos and other hazardous materials
- Grants and financial assistance
- Emotional recovery
- Disability resources for emergencies
- About State Recovery
- Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA)
Fire and disaster recovery
Recovery Centres still operating
Recovery Centres will remain open until otherwise directed by authorities and we have taken extra steps to look after visitors and staff.
- asking that if you feel unwell or have a fever that you seek medical advice and consider the health of others before you visit the recovery centre.
- increasing the distance between chairs in the waiting area to at least 1.5 metres
- having the centres professionally cleaned every day
- closing the children’s corners
- suspending home visits by recovery outreach teams — however those members are now increasing the telephone outreach calls
- reducing the number of Red Cross and Disaster Ministries volunteers.
If you would like more information on COVID-19, the SA Government dedicated COVID-19 website contains useful information, including daily updates.
Phone the South Australian COVID-19 Information Line on 1800 273 787.
This is the place to find information about recovering from current fires.
If you need:
- advice about what to do after an emergency or disaster
- information about the help available after an emergency or disaster
You can stay up to date with local fire recovery news in your area, as well as general recovery updates. If you would like to sign up for any of our newsletters, visit the subscription page.
A message from the State Bushfire Recovery Coordinator - 1 April 2020Page last updated : 12 May 2020