- Our board
- Housing design guidelines
- Rent Reports
- South Australian Housing Trust policies
- Homelessness Providers
Homeless to Home system
As part of their funding agreement, all specialist homelessness agencies are required to use the Homeless2Home (H2H) client and case management system.
The H2H system:
- ensures a consistent response to clients across South Australia
- allows agencies to record client circumstances, services provided and outcomes reached
- allows for standardised reporting.
Agencies are able to:
- search for a client's history with Specialist Homelessness Sector (SHS) agencies
- register and update client information
- undertake an intake
- undertake an assessment
- undertake a case plan
- refer clients, with their permission, to other SHS agencies.
Questions about the H2H system, including recent system changes, can be directed to the Homelessness Systems Support (HSS) team.
Access, training and system support is provided to agencies by the HSS team.
When accessing the system for the first time:
- log on to the H2H training environment using the username and password provided by your agency manager
- read through the H2H user guide (PDF 11.6 MB)
- work through the training environment with the support of experienced agency staff members already using H2H
- read through the H2H top tips:
Basic user training
One day courses are conducted regularly aimed at new users or existing users who need a refresher.
Training places are limited. SHS workers will be given priority over placement students and non-SHS workers.
If you have recently completed a one-day training course, please complete the H2H Basic User Training survey.
Super user training
One day courses to upskill experienced H2H users with skills to provide basic training and support to colleagues in the use of the system. Super users are also called on to assist with testing changes to the H2H system prior to release.
People who make regular use of the system in their day to day work can be super users, they are often called upon to test new functions in H2H prior to release.
Housing SA also offers a range of training available to the NAHA sector.
Email the completed form to DHSNAHAtraining@sa.gov.au.
Agency specific training
The HSS team are available to provide a limited number of agency specific training sessions. To request training for your agency or program please complete the training request form.
Getting access to H2H
Only authorised staff members from specialist homelessness agencies and the Department of Human Services will be able to access H2H. When applying for access it is important to first read the H2H user role descriptions (PDF 83.6 KB).
These forms support the administration of system access for agency staff:
Using the H2H system
The H2H user guide (PDF 11.6 MB) for H2H explains how to use the system.
When a client's permission is required
Clients must be:
- told why their information is being recorded
- told how the information will be used
- provided with the notice of information provision (PDF 111.8 KB)
The Notice of Information requires agencies to provide de-personalised information to state and commonwealth governments. This ensures that personal details are protected.
Clients must give their permission before information can be shared or exchanged with another agency. This permission can be given:
- in writing through the notice of information sharing (PDF 101.6 KB)
- by completing a notice of information provision and consent to share information (PDF 130.1 KB) form.
Agencies can enter client information directly into the H2H system, or collect information on paper-based H2H forms for later entry into the system.
- Add a new client and intake (PDF 1.3 MB) (Form 1)
- Update details of an existing client prior to entering into H2H (PDF 63.5 KB) (Form 2)
- Services needed and provided or referred prior to entering into H2H (PDF 63.0 KB) (Form 3)
- Client assessment prior to entering into H2H (PDF 60.5 KB) (Form 4)
- Detail on an exiting client prior to entering into H2H (PDF 598.4 KB) (Form 5).
Agency staff who need help with H2H should check the H2H user guide (PDF 11.6 MB) first and check with a colleague.
Phone: 1300 885 912
Help with using H2H
Phone: 8207 0224
Agencies can also email comments, feedback and suggestions on the H2H system to the address above.
How to search for a client
How to reset your H2H Password
Duplicate client records
Sensitive and locked
The Set as Deceased Function
- Case management framework (PDF 621.9 KB)
- SHS Collection Manual (PDF 3.6 MB)
- Housing situation categorisation chart (PDF 416.5 KB)
- H2H Policy (PDF 959.1 KB)
For an alternative version of a document on this page contact the Homelessness Systems Support team.
No results were found