- Roadmap for reform
- Universal Health and Education
- Targeted Health and Human Services
- Child Safe Environments
- Adults Supporting Kids (ASK)
- CFSS Family Support Services
- CFSS Intensive Family Services
- Out-of-home care prevention programs
- Programs to prevent intergenerational trauma
- Community Services Support Program - Family Support and Early Intervention
- Early Intervention Research Directorate
CFSS Family Support Services
Family Support Services provide case management and programs for children and families with low-level safety concerns. Families may be supported by these services if:
- they have had successful outcomes from their participation with Intensive Family Services, and now need less support, or
- they are at an early stage of experiencing difficulties. Support now will reduce the chance that difficulties will get worse.
Family Support Services provided by DHS Safer Family Services include:
- Families Growing Together, and
- Community Development Coordinator program.
Families Growing Together
The Families Growing Together program delivers parenting workshops face-to-face and online. The program is linked closely to the Parenting SA suite of Parent Easy Guides and delivers parenting support statewide.
Community Development Coordinator program
Community Development Coordinators (CDCs) are based in the Department for Educations children’s centre's across South Australia. CDCs work within a strength-based approach focused on creating a sense of belonging and identity for families within their local and broader community. Together with local families and community groups, they identify and strengthen protective factors within a community, enabling co-designed and co-owned programs that mobilise local resources. CDCs work holistically to build individual and local capacity and enable community-led responses.Page last updated : 17 Sep 2021