- Addressing the cost of living
- Australian Service Excellence Standards
- Concessions and Support Services
- Exceptional Needs Unit
- Grants for organisations
- Interpreting and Translating Centre
- LGBTIQ Inclusion
- Local Partnerships
- Metropolitan Aboriginal Youth and Family Services
- Results-Based Accountability
- STARservice Development Program
- Community Connections
Code of Ethics
ASES External Assessors and the ASES Team follow a strict code of ethics.
We respect a service user’s right to be or not to be involved and their right to confidentiality and privacy regarding their decisions.
We promote complaint mechanisms to service providers and participating service users.
We consider service users’ needs by:
- ensuring that people with disability and their support persons receive timely, detailed information about the External Assessment process
- promoting their participation and authority in roles where their input and feedback is valued and used in a positive and constructive manner
- encouraging genuine participation - External Assessment methods rely on this.
During the External Assessment:
- selection procedures appropriately address the different requirements of each organisation
- all service users have the right and opportunity to be involved and consulted
- service users have the right not to be involved
- service users’ confidentiality and privacy are to be respected, and
- service users have the right to advocacy and support.
The ASES Team has policies, procedures and practices that safeguard the confidentiality of information obtained during External Assessment.
The ASES Team are not permitted to release information obtained through the assessment processes unless written permission has been granted by the organisation to the Program Manager, ASES Team, or as required by law.
The information gathered via documentation and the review of your policies and procedures will be used to prepare for the onsite assessment and will be treated in accordance with the principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).Page last updated : 03 Dec 2020