- Accommodation services
- Contacts and locations
- Continence Resource Centre
Dignity in Care Principles
- Zero tolerance of all forms of abuse - principle 1
- Support with respect - principle 2
- Personalised care - principle 3
- Enable people to maintain independence - principle 4
- Listen to and support people to express their needs and wants - principle 5
- Respect people's privacy - principle 6
- Receive complaints without retribution - principle 7
- Engage with family members and carers - principle 8
- Confidence and positive self-esteem - principle 9
- Alleviate people’s loneliness and isolation - principle 10
- Access and inclusion
- Engagement and consultation
- Disability Information Service
- Disability SA
- Disability Support Services
- Domiciliary Equipment Service
- Future Changes
- Independent Living Centre
- NDIS Reform and Services
Join or leave the group
Our membership form asks for specific information so that the group can be more effective in consultations.
If you are a person with disability, you can complete the membership form by answering the questions about yourself.
If you are a person who supports someone with disability, you can complete the membership form by answering the questions as they relate to the lifestyle of the person you support (that is, not about your own lifestyle).
On the form, you can:
- select topics in which you are interested from a broad range of choices
- nominate how you would like to be engaged
- provide your contact details
- specify how you would like to be contacted.
Join or leave the group
You can use the online form to join the Disability Engagement Group.
Alternatively, you can join the group by using the print-friendly Word forms. Download the 'join' form in a printable format, to be completed and forwarded to us by post, or email a scanned or photographed copy to DHSDisabilityTalk@sa.gov.au.
You also can email us at DHSDisabilityTalk@sa.gov.au with your email and/or phone number and we will contact you to complete the process.
We can mail the membership forms to you, with a reply-paid envelope included; see our contact details below.
To leave the group you can simply advise DHS by post or email to DHSDisabilityTalk@sa.gov.au. Please provide your full name with your request to leave so we can remove your details from the database.
All information collected in the membership process will be kept confidential and stored in a secure file. Personal information will be used only to contact you with information and opportunities to be involved in the Disability Engagement Group. Your information will not be distributed to third parties, except where required by law.
Refer to the department's privacy statement and the Information Privacy Principles instruction on that page for more information about privacy and security of personal information.
Mail: PO Box 70, Rundle Mall, Adelaide SA 5000