- DHS Disability Services
- Contacts and locations
- DHS DAIP
- Disability at sa.gov.au
- Equipment Program
- Disability Engagement Group
- Highgate Park
- Independent Living Centre
- Restrictive practices legislation
- Safe Work Instructions
Disability Engagement Group
Inclusive SA is the state government’s commitment to the South Australian community and provides a framework for government agencies and local councils to improve access and inclusion for people living with disability.
The Department of Human Services (DHS) is leading the implementation of Inclusive SA and is seeking to appoint 12 people with strong knowledge and understanding of disability to be founding members of the new Disability Engagement Group (DEG). DEG members will provide advice to government on future directions of the State Disability Inclusion Plan, Inclusive SA and the trends in the disability sector and emerging issues.
The DEG will comprise of members with the following mix of skills or experience:
- lived experience of disability
- experience of being a carer, parent or a family member of a person with disability
- have an interest in disability policy matters and current trends.
DHS encourages applications from people who will contribute to improving access and inclusion for people with disabilities This includes seeking applications from:
- people of a variety of ages
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- those from diverse cultural backgrounds and gender identities
- those living in different South Australian geographical locations (metropolitan and regional)
- those with diverse experiences of disability.
Representatives from organisations in the disability sector are also encouraged to apply.
About the role
Applicants are advised that this is not an advocacy role and selection is not dependent on previous experience with advisory groups or committees.
The role is to develop advice for government that supports access and inclusion for people with disabilities across the whole of government and in the community.
For more information, please view the role description.
Applications have closed
Successful members will be notified in late January 2022.