- DHS Disability Services
- Contacts and locations
- DHS DAIP
- Disability at sa.gov.au
- Equipment Program
- Disability Engagement Group
- Highgate Park
- Restrictive Practice Authorisation Scheme
- Safe Work Instructions
Information for families and friends of the people we support Tuesday 7 June 2022
Information for families and friends of the people we support
Update as at Tuesday 7 June 2022
Welcome to the DHS Disability Services family and friends newsletter.
Rescheduled: Transition to Home Client and Family Forum
Due to COVID-19, this forum has now been rescheduled to Monday 20 June 2022.
To ensure that the Transition to Home (T2H) service is able to provide the best standard of care for its clients, a review has been instigated to evaluate the service and its work processes.
The review is being conducted by Associate Professor Christine Dennis, Deputy Dean Rural and Remote SA Health at Flinders University.
All current and past T2H clients and their families, guardians or representatives are invited to attend an upcoming forum to hear about the review and share their experiences.
Please join Associate Professor Christine Dennis and Mr Greg Adey for a conversation around how the T2H) service has:
- Engaged with you to understand your expectations and wishes for your care and service experience
- Supported your transition from an acute hospital setting into a more home-like environment
- Supported your transition to home / long term accommodation
- Supported your journey to regain your independence and where possible rebuild important connections with community
- Supported your personal care needs
- Supported access to any ongoing clinical care needs
- Communicated respectfully and treated you with dignity and respect.
Time and place
The forum will now be held on Monday 20 June 2022, 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm, at St Margaret’s Centre, 65 Military Road, Semaphore.
Please complete this form to RSVP by 5.00 pm Thursday 16 June 2022. Please submit a new response for each person who will be attending.
If you aren’t able to attend but would like to provide your feedback to support the T2H review please, email DHSDisabilityServices@sa.gov.au.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about your family member or friend, you can:
- Contact your Service Coordinator or Team Leader
- Email us at AccomFeedback@sa.gov.au
- Phone us on 1800 952 962 (and then press 3)