- SA Bushfire Appeal
- Carcuma fire recovery
- Cudlee Creek fire recovery
- Kangaroo Island fire recovery
- Keilira fire recovery
- Yorketown fire recovery
- Home batteries
- Clean up and waste management
- Asbestos and other hazardous materials
- Grants and financial assistance
- Emotional recovery
- Disability resources for emergencies
- About State Recovery
- Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA)
SA Bushfire Appeal
The South Australian government has launched the SA Bushfire Appeal to raise funds for people directly affected by bushfires in Cudlee Creek and on Kangaroo Island.
100% of funds goes to those communities affected by the fires, including any interest accrued.
Assistance is available for individuals, households and businesses (including small business, primary producers and apiarists) of affected properties.
Payments are prioritised for people in the fire footprints in the following categories:
- Up to $25,000 for families of the people who died in the fires.
- Up to $25,000 for individuals seriously injured in the fires.
- Up to $15,000 for households and $1,000 per child, whose principal place of residence was destroyed or rendered uninhabitable.
- Up to $2,000 for property owners who experienced infrastructure damage.
- Up to $4,000 for small business, primary producers and registered apiarists affected by the fires.
- Up to $500 for property owners who have suffered non-infrastructure damage as a result of the fires
Funding is also available for projects that rebuild or replace community infrastructure and equipment, or build strength and resilience in affected communities.
To apply for assistance or make a donation, visit the SA Bushfire Appeal website. Applications for the Community Strength and Resilience Initiative stream close 5.00 pm, Friday 3 July 2020.
There are other sources of financial assistance for those affected by the recent bushfires.
For more information visit the DHS Grants and financial assistance webpage.
Or contact your local recovery centre.Page last updated : 23 Jun 2020