- SA Bushfire Appeal
- Carcuma fire recovery
- Cudlee Creek fire recovery
- Kangaroo Island fire recovery
- Keilira fire recovery
- Yorketown fire recovery
- Home batteries
- Clean up and waste management
- Asbestos and other hazardous materials
- Grants and financial assistance
- Emotional recovery
- Disability resources for emergencies
- About State Recovery
- Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA)
Regional Access (24 hours)
Free professional telephone and online counselling for people 15 years and older living or working in regional South Australia.
Lifeline (24 hours)
Kids Helpline (24 hours)
Free counselling for people 5 to 25.
Family and Business Support (FaBS) Program
PIRSA's Family and Business Support (FaBS) Program are a group of people offering support during difficult situations such as drought, bushfire and other adverse events. FaBS mentors provide free, informal advice and can connect you to services such as:
- financial counselling
- local health networks
- emotional wellbeing and counselling services
- government and non-government assistance
- community organisations and donations.
Advice for communities, parents and carers after a distressing event.
Children's coping skills
Red Cross has made a book that is easy to read - Coping with a major personal crisis (PDF 588.5 KB)
Related information: Disability resources for emergencies
Recovering from the Pinery Fire, November 2015
The community affected by the Pinery Fire created a commemorative booklet in which they reflect on the fire's impact and their community's journey towards recovery.
The booklet was produced by the Pinery Fire Community Action Group with funding from State and Commonwealth Governments.Page last updated : 27 May 2020