- SA Bushfire Appeal
- Carcuma fire recovery
- Cudlee Creek fire recovery
- Kangaroo Island fire recovery
- Keilira fire recovery
- Yorketown fire recovery
- Home batteries
- Clean up and waste management
- Asbestos and other hazardous materials
- Grants and financial assistance
- Emotional recovery
- Disability resources for emergencies
- About State Recovery
- Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA)
Kangaroo Island contacts
- Children's wellbeing
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Agriculture and wildlife
- Employment support
- Local council
- Household waste and bin collection
- South Australian Accommodation and Tourism
Back to school, uniforms, etc.
Mental health and wellbeing
Emergency support - phone Lifeline on 13 11 14
Support from regional counsellors - phone 1300 032 186
Agriculture and wildlife
Get help to rebuild fencing
Natural Resource Management
Dangerous tree removal
National Parks and Wildlife Service
Phone 8553 4444
Landholders who would like dangerous trees felled or removed are encouraged to contact one of the following contractors, who have expressed an interest in undertaking this work:
- Leon Wilson Tree Removal – (08) 8553 0103 (Kangaroo Island based)
- Mechanical Vegetation Solutions – contact Paul on 0409 770 908 (currently undertaking work on Kangaroo Island)
Landholders will need to directly negotiate with the contractors costs associated with tree felling and removal.
Rural business financial counselling
Business advice from Business SA
Phone 8300 0000
Loss of income, workforce displacement and retraining
Employment support and recruitment
Use payphones for free
The Telstra payphone network around the country is currently free for local, national and standard mobile calls. Telstra will also be allowing free use of the Telstra Air Wi-Fi network at locations where payphones are equipped to provide this.
People affected by fires
Household waste and bin collection
Some kerbside collections may be affected by fire damage and road closures.
You can take waste to the Kangaroo Island Resource Recovery Centre (KIRRC), 1207 North Coast Road, 9.30 am to 4.30 pm, open 7 days.
During the recovery period the Fleurieu Regional Waste Authority will provide free replacement of kerbside bins that were damaged in the fires.