Port Pirie Community Lead Abatement Grant 2022–2023
Applications are open for grant funding in support of initiatives that align with the Targeted Lead Abatement Program (TLAP) priorities of:
- reducing the exposure of children and the wider community to dust and soil that may contain lead
- improving education and awareness on the importance of greening and other dust management initiatives.
A total of $100,000 is available in this round, and eligible organisations can apply for single grants of up to $10,000, for projects that align with the priorities listed above.
Grant funding can be used to deliver initiatives that control dust movement from community facilities by covering / sealing exposed areas. This could be achieved through:
- Greening or sealing outdoor areas of community facilities
- greening or sealing publicly accessible spaces, managed, or owned by the applicant organisations
- purchasing equipment, supplies (such as mulches) or infrastructure to assist in the delivery of the dust management project
- local community education, engagement or awareness activities and initiatives that reduce dust and promote local education and awareness of the benefits of greening (for example, through plantings).
Applications are open from Monday 12 December 2022 to Thursday 9 March 2023.