- Accommodation services
- Contacts and locations
- DHS DAIP
- Disability at sa.gov.au
- Equipment Program
- Highgate Park
- Independent Living Centre
- Restrictive practices legislation
- Safe Work Instructions
Information for families and friends of the people we support 20 July 2021
Information for families and friends of the people we support
Update as at 20 July 2021
COVID-19 Update – July ‘stay at home’ order
With today’s South Australian Government announcement of a seven-day stay at home order, we would like to update you about what this means for your family member or friend and staying connected with them.
As we know from previous 'stay at home' orders in 2020, the purpose is on social distancing to help protect the health of the people we support and to keep them safe.
We also want life to continue as normally as possible for them, with opportunities to maintain a routine and stay connected to their family and friends.
The following visitor and activity restrictions come into place from 6.00 pm tonight
- If your family member or friend has visitation included as a specific aspect of their care plan, we will work with you to arrange visits in a COVID-safe way
- If you family member or friend doesn’t have visitation included as a specific aspect of their care plan, but there is an emergency, we will again work with you to arrange visits in a COVID-safe way
- Non-essential activities outside the homes are limited. Where a scheduled activity is available, we will organise for your family member or friend to be transported in a COVID-safe manner to the activity.
When visiting, COVID safe measures include
- Wearing a face mask
- Undertaking social distancing measures, and
- Not attending if you are feeling unwell.
More information about face masks and their use from the SA Health website.
Please speak with the relevant Area Manager to help us manage these visits safety for the people we support.
Ways to stay connected and provide routine for the people we support
- FaceTime and other video calls as well as telephone calls
- The Positive Behaviour Support team are implementing ways to assist with challenging behaviours, including individual outings to activities that remain open, and safe and appropriate alternate locations
- Ensuring people who work continue their daily routine in a COVID-safe manner
- Undertaking activities within houses to keep the people we support engaged and positive in their outlook.
We will keep you up to date with information as it becomes available.
If you have any questions about visiting or about your family member or friend during the stay at home order, please email AccomFeedback@sa.gov.au or phone 1800 952 962 (and press 3).
How to contact us
If you have any queries about your family member or friend, you can:
- Contact your Service Coordinator or Team Leader
- Email us at AccomFeedback@sa.gov.au
- Phone us on 1800 952 962 (and then press 3)
For now, we are also providing updates on the Family Update webpage.
If you know another family member or friend who would like to receive this e-newsletter, please encourage them to sign up via th DHS website or phone 1800 952 962.