- Our board
- Housing design guidelines
- Rent Reports
- South Australian Housing Trust policies
- Homelessness Providers
Housing design guidelines
The South Australian Housing Trusts (SAHT) Design Guidelines for Sustainable Housing and Liveable Neighbourhoods capture existing corporate knowledge and design philosophy for the development and acquisition of rental housing. They provide guidance on the shape and form of future housing.
The guidelines provide clear and consistent briefs outlining the SAHT requirements for housing.
- 1.1 House Design Guide
- 1.2 Amenity Targets
- 1.3 Apartment Design
- 1.4 Housing Accommodation Schedules
- 1.5 Affordable and Market Housing
- 2.1 Land Titling and Service Infrastructure
- 2.2 Design Guidelines for Site Layouts
- 2.3 Housing SA Universal Housing Design Criteria
- 2.4 Environmental Sustainability
- 3.2 Row and Terrace House Design
- 4.1 Housing Modifications
- 4.2 Generic Design Guidelines for Upgrades
Minimum design and construction requirements
The SAHT's Design & Construction contract includes the Minimum Design and Construction specification (MDCS) and calls up the design requirements of SAHT's Design Guidelines for Sustainable Housing and Liveable Neighbourhoods.
- SAHT Minimum Design & Construction Specification Class 1 Buildings (PDF 7.7 MB)
- SAHT Minimum Design & Construction Specification Class 2 Buildings (PDF 7.8 MB)
Property and Maintenance Technical Specification
The Property & Maintenance Technical Specification forms a part of SAHT's maintenance contract specification. It contains the minimum requirements for all maintenance and upgrade works carried out on SAHT dwellings.