Contact us: +61 8 8226 8800
- Meet our Chief Executive
- Aboriginal peoples
- Departmental legislative framework
- Freedom of information, open government and privacy
- Key strategies and plans
- Social Media
DHS Strategic Plan 2019–22
Fairness, opportunity and choice for all South Australians
The Department of Human Services delivers strategies, programs and services that improve the wellbeing and safety of South Australians.
- Better services and programs that make a lasting difference for individuals, families and communities
- A customer-focused organisation that puts people first
- Accountable, efficient, open and collaborative government
- A motivated, skilled, safe and inclusive workforce.
- We focus on prevention, early intervention and connected services
- We champion collaboration and engagement to get results
- We reduce red tape
- We prioritise agile and proactive design and delivery
- We use data and evidence to plan and improve.
- Commissions human services across the not-for-profit sector
- Invests in the community through grants and funding
- Provides core services in areas including:
- youth justice
- disability accommodation
- concessions and rebates
- employment-related screening
- family safety and support
- Leads government reform agendas, including disability inclusion and the transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), intensive family support services and women’s equality and safety.