Inclusive SA was launched on 1 November 2019 and is the South Australian Government's first State Disability Inclusion Plan. Inclusive SA brings State Government agencies and local councils together and has provided a plan over four years (until 2023), to reduce the barriers faced by people living with disability.
The original Inclusive SA included 39 actions and were categorised under four themes:
- Inclusive communities for all
- Leadership and collaboration
- Accessible communities
- Learning and employment.
With the launch of Australia’s Disability Strategy 2021–2031 (ADS), Inclusive SA has seen these 39 actions be realigned to better reflect shifting priorities and support the outcomes and deliverables of the State’s Targeted Action Plans (TAPs). This enables Inclusive SA to better drive implementation and accountability of the new ADS and the principles agreed in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
Inclusive SA actions have now been realigned to support the following outcome areas:
- Employment and Financial Security
- Inclusive Homes and Communities
- Safety, Rights and Justice
- Personal and Community Support
- Education and Learning
- Health and Wellbeing
- Community Attitudes.
The South Australian Government is leading by example and working to improve access and inclusion for people with disability. Inclusive SA is our commitment to creating a more inclusive South Australia. It is our first State Disability Inclusion Plan, bringing together State Government agencies and local councils to reduce the barriers faced by people living with disability.
Inclusive SA also complements the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), as it aims to address access and inclusion for all South Australians living with disability, including people who are not NDIS participants.
Inclusive SA will also be updated to reflect social, political, and environmental changes as well as any response to recommendations made by the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability.
- State Disability Inclusion Plan
- DHS Disability Access and Inclusion Plan (DAIP)
- The Disability Inclusion Act 2018 (SA)
- Australia’s Disability Strategy 2021-2031
- United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD)
- Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability