Recognising volunteers’ contribution is important not only to help retain their services but also to show appreciation for their personal dedication. Two certificate programs are available for recognising your volunteers' contribution.
1. Premier’s Certificate of Recognition for outstanding volunteer service
The Premier’s Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Volunteer Service assists volunteer-involving organisations and community groups to recognise their volunteers for excellence and significant achievements.
Developed by the Department of Human Services (DHS) in 2002 and held annually, this initiative aims to acknowledge the accomplishments and efforts of volunteers. Volunteer recognition is an important way to keep volunteers involved, committed and active, and to promote volunteering in the South Australian community.
Nominations for the Premier’s Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Volunteer Service open in mid-February and close in late March each year.
Organisations and community groups can submit an online nomination via the DHS website for one or more of their volunteers. A panel convened by DHS then assesses each nominated volunteer against the following selection criteria:
- made a significant contribution to the community and/or organisation
- shown ongoing commitment and dedication to volunteering
- demonstrated leadership in their volunteer role
- promoted volunteering within the community.
Organisations and community groups generally choose to present certificates to nominated volunteers during National Volunteers Week celebrations held in May each year.
In 2023, nominations for the Premier’s Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Volunteer Service open on Monday 13 February and close on Friday 24 March 2023.
2. South Australian Volunteer Certificates of Appreciation
Certificates now available.
Signed by the Minister for Human Services, South Australian Volunteer Certificates of Appreciation are available free of charge to South Australian-based organisations or community groups to acknowledge the significant contribution of their volunteers. These certificates are available from 1 February until 30 November each year.
To request certificates, please email us the following details:
- How many certificates are required
- Date when certificates are needed (allow two weeks for certificates to be produced and posted)
- Names of volunteers as you wish them to appear on the certificates
- Name of your organisation or community group where the volunteers perform their duties
- Your postal address where you will receive certificates.
Email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, phone Inclusion and Reform, Volunteers on 1300 014 712Page last updated : 13 Jan 2023